Irish Music

Where I live (Argentina) is not that usual to listen to English Indie/ Folk music, as it is a North American/ European genre. Anyway, I enjoy a lot this type of music, and lyrics as they bring me to a calm, serene state. When I lived in Ireland for eight months I did not miss a single free festival. They usually consist of several days with food trucks and people having a blast. Such outstanding bands performing. I learnt a lot about their Celtic influence and the sounds combination is just delightful. 

Ireland has the music impregnated in every corner, every pub, every principal street. In this island when I was walking somewhere and no matter whether I had the time or not, I appreciated so much to just stop, listen to a street artist and leave some cash after snapchatting it.
I could easily say that I haven´t met an Irish person that is not (or has no relative that is) a musician or a really good singer. 

Music is part of me as oxygen is. Just wanted to write a few lines about this and remark that the annual Dublin Prawn Festival in Howth (30 min by local bus from Dublin centre), the Sunday Market in Dún Laoghaire (20 min by local bus from Dublin centre) and the Dublin Irish Festival (3day festival on Summer with seven stages around the city) are a must visit and I recommend them a hundred percent. These are full of Irish tradition in dishes, in music, in dances and in watching the locals enjoy with family, friends and everyone that joins them.

Here is a short demonstration of what I experienced which I really hope it will be repeated in a near future.



Here is a little sample of a great show of a local band in Dublin








Comentarios